Flourless Blondie Mini Muffins

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

I have been a member of the Tone It Up community since April 2015 and it has completely changed the way I think about food and what I fuel my body with.  Tone It Up is a fitness lifestyle brand that reaches millions of women committed to wellness and was co-founded by Karena Dawn and Katrina Scott.  Tone It Up has tons of different fitness and nutrition challenges throughout the year and they are always coming out with new and delicious recipes that are lean, clean and green!

I try to stick to the nutrition program about 90% of the time and the other 10% of the time I treat myself...I mean I do run this baking blog after all!  But like many people, I use the month of January to reset my nutrition after a long and fun holiday season.

If you are looking for a healthy recipe to help you stay on track, these flourless blondie mini muffins are the perfect thing to try, plus they are made with an ingredient that I never thought I would use to bake muffins with...chickpeas!

Chickpeas contain vitamin K, folate, phosphorus, zinc, copper, manganese, choline, selenium and are also a great vegan and gluten-free source of protein and fiber.  Added bonus, they contain exceptional levels of vitamin B-6 and magnesium.  Chickpeas are very neutral in flavor and take on whatever flavors they are mixed with.  Since I chose to make these little muffins with peanut butter they taste like a soft baked peanut butter cookie, but are wayyyy healthier!

Flourless Blondie Mini Muffins
{yield: 15 mini muffins}

1 15oz. can chickpeas
½ cup natural peanut butter or unsweetened almond butter
¼ cup maple syrup 
2 tsp. vanilla extract
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
coconut oil spray 

Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and spray your mini muffin pan with coconut oil non-stick spray.

Combine all of the ingredients in a blender (I use my NutriBullet) and blend until smooth.  If you do not have a blender, then you can use a food processor.

Scoop the batter using a small cookie scoop into each of the mini tins, then place in the oven and bake for 16-18 minutes.

Remove the mini muffins from the baking pan immediately and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.  Once cooled, store in an air tight container for up 4 days or place in the freezer for up to two months.

Recipe from Tone It Up
© Perfectly Katie Bear. Design by FCD.